Antibiotics are used to help treat many different bacterial diseases of pigs, and can be given as injections, in the feed, water or locally. Please contact your veterinary surgeon if you are concerned with the health or welfare of any animal under your care.
Responsible use of Antibiotics
When used correctly, antibiotics have an important role by maintaining health and welfare of pigs. However, there are concerns that resistance or resistant bacteria could be transferred from animal to human health, and vice versa, and reduce the effectiveness of some antibiotic treatments. It is vital that antibiotics are used in the correct and appropriate manner to minimise this possibility.
MSD Animal Health supports the responsible use of antibiotics.
For more information please refer to the Responsible Use sections of the NOAH website and Responsible Use of Medicines in Agriculture (RUMA) to download RUMA Guidelines for Responsible use of antimicrobials in pig production. Many farm assurance schemes also produce similar guidelines to support best practice.
- Amfipen® LA 100 mg/ml Suspension for injection
- Amoxypen® Injection 150 mg/ml Suspension for injection
- Amoxypen® LA 150 mg/ml Suspension for injection
- Depocillin® 300 mg/ml Suspension for injection
- Engemycin® 10 % (DD) Solution for injection
- Engemycin® 10 % Farm Pack Solution for injection
- Engemycin® LA 200 mg/ml Solution for injection
- Engemycin® Spray 25 mg/ml cutaneous spray, suspension for
cattle, sheep and pigs
- Neopen® Suspension for injection
- Nuflor® 40 mg/g Premix for Medicated Feeding Stuff for Swine
Please view the product datasheet for more information about our products or speak to your veterinary surgeon.
If you are a veterinary surgeon and require more information, please contact us.